CME programmes, conferences & academic activities conducted for last 3 years
1. WFSA (World Federation Society of Anesthesiologists) CME & PG Excel 2008, 8-10th August conducted at KIMS Auditorium.
2. Workshop & Guest lecture by Dr. Ashok Deshpande from Sangli, Maharashtra on 4 & 5th of September 2009 in Department of Anesthesiology, KIMS Hubli.
3. KIMS Golden
4. Renovation & inauguration of Anesthesia Museum ” B.D. Sujatha Memorial Museum” on 18th September 2010.
PLANS FOR RESEARCH DURING THE NEXT THREE YEAR PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN AND IN PROGRESS BY PG STUDENTS AND STAFF (2011-12).
1. DR.SARALA. B.M
GUIDE: DR.SAFIYA. I. SHAIKH.
“DEXMEDETOMIDINE AND CLONIDINE AS
ADJUVANTS IN EPIDURAL ANAESTHESIA:
A COMPARATIVE EVALUATION”
2. DR.ROHINI DATTATRI
“DOSE-RELATED PROLONGATION OF
HYPERBARIC BUPIVACAINE SPINAL
GUIDE: DR.MADHURI. S. KURDI.
“EFFECTS OF INTRATHECAL MAGNESIUM
FOR SPINAL ANAESTHESIA: A DOUBLE BLINDED,
4. DR.DINESH NAIK
GUIDE: DR.JYOTHI. B.
“PREOPERATIVE DEXAMETHASONE FOR
POSTOPERATIVE PAIN IN TONSILLECTOMY
USING SHARP SNARE DISSECTION TECHNIQUE
AND LASER TECHNIQUE”
RESEARCH PROJECTS UNDERTAKEN AND IN PROGRESS BY PG STUDENTS AND STAFF (2013-14).
GUIDE: DR.SAFIYA. I. SHAIKH.
“THE EFFICACY OF EPIDURAL DEXMEDETOMIDINE VERSUS CLONIDINE WITH INTRATHECAL ISOBARIC LEVOBUPIVACAINE FOR PERIOPERATIVE ANALGESIA IN COMBINED SPINAL EPIDURAL ANAESTHESIA”
2. DR.SINDHU PRIYA.M
“A COMPARATIVE STUDY OF ORAL MELATONIN AND ORAL MIDAZOLAM ON PREOPERATIVE ANXIETY,
“COMPARISION OF KETOROLAC WITH MORPHINE AND KETOROLAC – MORPHINE COMBINATION AS AN INTRATHECAL ADJUNCT TO BUPIVACAINE FOR LOWER LIMB SURGERIES”
“COMPARATIVE STUDY OF GRANISETRON VERSUS PETHIDINE IN PREVENTING PERIOPERATIVE SHIVERING UNDER SPINAL ANAESTHESIA.”
5. DR.DIVYA HIROLLI
“COMPARISON OF EPIDURAL FENTANYL AND
WITH FENTANYL AND BUPIVACAINE FOR LOWER ABDOMINAL AND LOWER LIMB SURGERIES”
“TO DETERMINE THE EFFICACY OF INJECTION CLONIDINE AS AN
ADJUVANT IN REDUCING THE DOSE OF HYPERBARIC BUPIVACAINE IN SPINAL ANAESTHESIA IN
NON POSTGRADUATE THESES (RESEARCH STUDIES GOING
ON IN THE DEPARTMENT OF ANAESTHESIA).
1. Effect of ‘Dexmedetomidine infusion on intraoperative hemodynamic parameters, recovery profile and postoperative analgesic requirement’: Comparison with placebo (Normal saline)—-Dr.Basavaraj.
2. Comparison of oral
3. A Randomized controlled trial to compare crystalloid co – load and colloid co – load during spinal anesthesia for elective C. secretion – Dr.Sushma K. S, Dr.Jyothi. B.
4. A randomized controlled trial to study the efficacy of lornoxicam in attenuating the hemodynamic response to laryngoscopy and intubation – Dr. Swarnamba. U. N, Dr.Veena. K.
5. Ondansetron given intravenously Reduces the spinal-induced hypotension: A prospective, Randomized, Double-blind, placebo-controlled study. – Dr.Ashwini H. R, Dr.Pushpavathi S.H.
6. A Randomized controlled trial to compare the anesthetic potency and hemodynamic effects of levobupivacaine with Buprenorphine and Bupivacaine with Buprenorphine. – Dr.Pushpavathe S.H. Dr.Ashwini. H.R.
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017