Cardiology is the study of the disorders of the heart and consequently, the ways to treat them. The field includes medical diagnosis and treatment of congenital heart defects, coronary artery disease, heart failure, valvular heart disease
- In their training, they get to know about clinical manifestations of heart problems and signs and symptoms that may be reported. They also get trained in basic diagnosis.
- MD General Medicine residents get a clinical posting to this department for 2 months.
- The DM Cardiology programme covers non-invasive and interventional cardiology. Senior residents also get exposed to pediatric cardiology.
- In the first year, they are taught about complex cardiac diseases, how to run an OPD and how to perform Echo diagnoses. In the second and third years, they are taught interventions.
- After their DM, senior residents can choose from further
super-specialitiessuch as heart failure therapy, electrophysiology andpediatric cardiology.
- Along with well-equipped ICUs and OTs, the department features adult and pediatric Echo facilities.
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017