A medical specialist who is concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of disorders of the head and neck, including particularly the ears, nose, and throat. ENT doctors are also called otolaryngologists.
Oto-Rhino-Laryngology is the study of Ear, Nose and Throat conditions or ENT. It is also referred to as Head and Neck Surgery or Otorhinolaryngology.
Apart from Ear, Nose and Throat surgeries, the department also performs Head, Neck and Skull base surgeries.
- Students learn how to examine a
patient,and experience audio-visual interactions with faculty during surgical procedures.
- Along with observation of procedures such as nasal endoscopy and laryngoscopy, students also need to present cases and participate in follow-up discussions with the faculty.
- Training for PG residents is mostly through clinical practice. They are allowed to perform some basic procedures under the guidance of faculty and senior residents.
- They are also encouraged to learn through observation at the OT. During the 3-year training period, residents learn to manage patients in the emergency and other wards.
- Residents are posted to Surgical Oncology, Plastic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Dental, Anesthesia, and Speech and Hearing Centre.
- The Department of ENT boasts of modern equipment that can be used to perform a plethora of surgeries including micro ear surgeries, hearing restoration surgeries,
skull basedsurgeries, and head and neck surgeries.
- A modern audio-visual setup assists residents and interns in surgical observations.
- Students and residents also have access to the ALC, where they receive hands-on training in cadaveric dissection.
- March 10th 2013. FESS workshop. Faculty:
- Neonatal screening workshop in association with Dept.of Pediatrics: Date: 30-11-2013
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017