- Methodology –
- Number of
- Each year 150 UG students are being trained in the department.
- Number of Teaching hours –
- Theory 80 Hours
- Practicals 30 Hours
- Integrating Teachings 10 Hours
- Internship Training – The interns will be posted to our department as a part of
compulsoryrotation internship training programme for developing various skills in opining on Skeletal remains, Sexual offences, Expert Opinion, PM examinations, Exhumation and age estimation.
- Training to Medical officers to conduct
- Training program for Judicial Academy regarding Medicolegal cases.
- Training to police personnel Regarding
- Exposure to nursing students to
post mortemsand other Medicolegal cases.
- Faculty members of our department are being involved in various research activities
P. G. COURSE INFORMATION –
1.Govt. Order No: HFW 119 MPS 2009, Karnataka Government Secretariat, Vikasa Soudha, Bangalore, dated: 31-07-2009.
ACTIVITIES OF THE DEPARTMENT –
Different CME and Case discussions are arranged
- Topic: Medico-Legal Autopsy.
- Topic: Medical Negligence and Consent in Medical Practice.
- Topic: Recent amendments in Sexual
- Topic: Forensic photography and videography.
- Topic: Role of Forensic Science Laboratory in Medico-Legal cases.
- Postmortem Conducted by Dr.Gajanan H Nayak, Prof. & Head, KIMS Hubballi, of the noted Indian scholar and Kannada
Epigraphsit– Dr.M.M.KALBURGI on August 30 2015at Dharwad Civil Hospital, Dharwad.
- SIACHEN GLACIER AVALANCHE survivor Lance Hanumanthappa Koppad, was brought to KIMS Hubballi on February
11th 2016,and kept for one day under the supervision of Dr.Gajanan H Nayak, Prof. & Head, KIMS Hubballi. The chief minister of Karnataka and Cabinet ministers visited KIMS for the homage.
- Postmortem conducted
,ofthe people of, VOLVO BUS TRAGEDY, which took place on 14/11/2013 on Pune – Bangalore highway. C/W Bankapur Police Station .Theseven bodies were totally charred and after conduction of postmortem examination, DNA analysis was done, and the bodies were handed over to the concerned relatives only after DNA matching.
- Postmortem conducted by Dr.Gajanan H Nayak, Prof. & Head, of the
personsexpired in POLICE FIRING IN ANKOLA, in NOVEMBER2014. One firing was done by Police Officer and otherperson was shot by a sharp shooter.
- Postmortem conducted of the Police and the people(total seven cases) who expired in BUILDING
COLLPASEOF THE RAILWAY PARCEL OFFICE, HUBBALLI RAILWAY STATION, on 08th February 2016.
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017