Forensic Medicine and Toxicology – Facility
1. AV – Equipment
c.ACER Computer, HP Scan, Copy & Printer
d.Slide Projector, OHP and Camera
e.Video Camera, TV and VCR etc.
f.In custody death cases, Video is arranged by
b.Unmounted Specimens – Dry – 30
c.Weapons – 50
d.Bones – 1050
2.Prototype Firearms and other arms
a.Live and empty cartridges – 30
3.Wax models of POP – 18
4.Poisons – 140
5.Other like —-
a. Transparencies – 40
b. List of Charts – 113
c. Photographs – 350
d. X-Rays – 100
- Type Metal Desks, 25x3 total.
- seating capacity for 75 students.
- Library cum PG seminar hall ——–
- Laboratory ——-
- Lecture Hall / Demonstration Hall / Seminar Room.
- Mortuary Block ——–
- Seminars and Group discussion.
- Practicals : Separate Demonstrations of Post mortem procedures.
- “FOR-MED” CME was conducted by the department on 6th September 2015 at KIMS Auditorium. More than 400 delegates, 100 lawyers
and100 police officers attended the CME. The topics of discussion and speakers.
- Department Library is well furnished with different textbooks, around 200 in number and various other journals which keep the department officials up-to-date in different aspects of Science of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- PG seminar hall with seating capacity of 25 seats for various PG teaching activities.
- Adequate Laboratory arrangements have been made to conduct routine basic lab investigations with additional provisions for histopathological examination of the specimens and microscopes and slides as teaching aids.
- Two demonstration hall of each 75 students capacity and one seminar hall with Adequate arrangements for teaching students the art of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology and keeping them well versed with this science have been made.
- A separate mortuary block with cold storage facility for 16 bodies and three dissection tables with adequate
equipmentsfor dissection and capacity to accommodate 50 to 75 students (with step type of view gallery) to make them aware of dailypractice of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology.
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017