Forensic Medicine and Toxicology
Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology was established in KIMS under MCI regulations on November 1960. Dr. B. Venkatnarayan Shetty had the honor to be the first Head of the Department. Since then, the department has made many leaps and bounds in the world of Forensic Medicine.
The activities carried out by the Department of Forensic Medicine and Toxicology are
1) Post Mortem Examination— on an average, 1300
2) Skeletal Remains— Examination of skeletal remains—age, sex, injuries etc. is carried out in the department for identification of victim and cause of death.
3) Expert Opinion— Expert opinion is given by this department on request from concerned authorities regarding
4) Sexual Offences: On an average 25 cases of sexual
5) Age Estimation: About 20 cases requiring age estimation per year.
6) Exhumation: About 1 to 2 cases per year are exhumed for
Apart from all these, adequate teaching facilities have been provided to encourage the students in this field.
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017