Microbiology – Publications
1) Prevalence of HIV infection among blood donors in North Karnataka.
S.S. Tallur, A.P.Shahapurkar, B.V.S. Krishna.
IJMM. 1997; 15 (3): 123-125.
2) Multidrug Resistant Salmonella typhi in Hubli
Shobha Nadagir, Krishna, Halesh, S.S.Tallur.
IJMM. 1998; 16 (4):185.
3) IgM estimation & CRP detection in Neonatal septicemia
Krishna, Shobha Nadagir, S.S.Tallur.
IJPM. 2000; 43 (1): 35-40
4) Clinico bacteriological study of Neonatal septicemia in Hubli.
S.S.Tallur, A.V.Kasturi, Shobha Nadagir, Krishna.
Indian Journal of Peadiatrics. 2000; 67 (3) : 169-174.
5) Subconjunctival dirofilariasis in India.
Shobha Nadagir, S.S.Tallur, Halesh, Krishna
Southeast Asian J.Trop Med. Public Health 2001:32 ( 2) : 244-246
6) The incidence of V.cholerae serogroup 0139 infections with low virulenc in Hubli.
Krishna, Asha Patil, Shobha Nadagir, M.R. Chandrasekhar.
IJPM. 2003; 46 (1): 142-144
7) False positive widal test in Malaria.
Shobha Nadagir, V Nambiar, Halesh.
Indian practitioner. 2004; 57 ( 8): 507-510
8) CA- MRSA infection in a South Indian city
Krishna, Asha Patil, M.R. Chandrasekhar.
Southeast Asian J.Trop Med. Public Health 2004; 35( 2): 371-374
9) Bacteriological profile of CSOM with Pseudomonas as the prime pathogen
M.R .Chandrasekhar, Krishna, Asha Patil.
Ind. Jr. of Otology. 2004; 10:10-13
10) Fluoroquinolone resistant V. cholera isolated during a cholera outbreak
in India. Krishna, Asha Patil, M.R.Chandrasekhar.
Transaction of the royal society of Tropical medicine. 2006;100(3):224-226
11) Neonatal sepsis by Salmonella enterica serovar weltevreden
Asha Patil, Krishna, M.R.Chandrasekhar.
Southeast Asian J.Trop Med. Public Health2006; 37 (6):1175-1178
12) MRSA infections – Implications In Hospital infection control
Krishna, Asha Patil, M.R.Chandrasekhar.
Indian Journal of public health. 2007; 5 (1) : 43-46
13) ESBL producing K. pneumonia in NICU
Krishna, Asha Patil, M.R.Chandrasekhar.
Indian Journal of Pediatrics. 2007; 74 (7) :627-630
14) Listeria Monocytogenes meningitis an uncommon opportunistic infection in HIV. Asha Patil, Shobha Nadagir, M.R. Chandrasekhar,
Halesh, Mahesh. IJPM. 2007; 50 (3): 671-673
15) Significance of isolation & drug susceptibility testing of Non Candida albicans species causing oropheryngeal candidasis in HIV patients
Shobha Nadagir, Sneha, Halesh, Yasmeen, M.R.Chandrasekhar.
Southeast Asian J.Trop Med. Public Health. 2008;39 ( 3): 492-495
16) Changing characteristics of V.cholerae
Emergence of multidrug resistance & Non-01, Non-0139 serogroups
M.R.Chandrasekhar, Krishna, Asha Patil.
Southeast Asian J.Trop Med. Public Health. 2008;39 (6): 1092-1097.
17) Virulence factors, Serotypes and Antimicrobial Suspectibility pattern of Escherichia coli in Urinary Tract Infections.
Shobha D Nadagir Yasmeen Kausar, Sneha K Chunchanur,.
Al Ameen J Med Sci. 2009; 2 (1):47-51
18) Multidrug Resistant pathogens causing Neonatal septicaemia in a
Tertiary care Hospital in India
Asha patil, BVSKrishna, MRChandrasekhar
The Ind. Pract. 2009; 62 (4) : 233-238.
19) Detection & antifungal susceptibility testing of oral C. dubliniensis from HIV infected patients Sneha, Shobha Nadagir, Halesh.
IJPM. 2009; 52 (4): 501-504.
20) Chromoblastomycosis due to Cladosporium carrionii Namratha. N, Shobha Nadagir, Mamatha Kale, Ravi Rathod
Journal of Laboratory Physicians. 2010 ; 2 (1):47 – 48
21) Corynebacterium mucifaciens causing peritonsillitis.
The Journal of the Academy of Clinical Microbiologists. 2010; 12 ( 1) : 34-36
22) Prevalence of Extended Spectrum
G.S. Ravi, B.V.S. Krishna, Namratha W. Nandihal, Asha B. Patil and M.R. Chandrasekhar. Biomedicine. 2011;31 (1):78-83
23) Comparison of Disc Diffusion Methods for the Detection of Extended-Spectrum Beta Lactamase Producing Enterobacteriacease .
Ravi S Giriyapur, Namratha W Nandihal, Krishna B V S Asha B Patil, Chandrasekhar M R. Journal of Laboratory Physicians . 2011; 3 (1) : 33-36
24) Prevalence of Mycoplasma pneumoniae among HIV Infected Children.Shobha D. Nadagir. Abdul Kaleem Bahadur Tipperudra Anantappa Shepur
Indian J Pediatr 2011;78 (4):430-434
25) Correlation of Cefoxitin Disc Diffusion test and oxacillin disc diffusion test for detecting mec A mediated oxacilli, resistant Staphylococcus aureus.
Madhusudhan NS, Deepa S, Shobha DN.
JPBMS 2011 ; 10 (2) :1-2
26) Increasing burden of
Asha Patil, B V S Krishna, M R Chandrasekhar.
JIMA. 2011; 109 (3): 158-160
27) Correlation of CD4 Count and Diagnostic profile of cryptococcal Meningitis among HIV infected patients.
Madhusudhan NS, Shobha DN, Halesh LH, Manjunath AH,
Maheshkumar S. The Indian Practitioner. 2011 ; 64 (8):479-482
Presentations at CME & Conferences
Dr. Shobha D. Nadagir.
1. Inducible clindamycin resistance in Staphylococci National Conference IDSI – 2008 Hyderabad.
2. Chaired a session – Mycology at State IAMM KC at Davanagere 2008.
3. Chaired a session- at State conference IAMM KC at VIMS, Bellary 2011.
4. Chaired a session on Dengue infection IAMM Karnataka chapter conference on 12/6/2010 at SDM Medical College Dharwad.
5. Prevalence of Mycoplasma pneumoniae among HIV Infected Children. National conference BHU Varanasi October 2011.
Dr. Asha Patil.
1.High prevalence of ESBL producing bacteria in a tertiary care centre JNMC Belgaum, IAMM National conference, 2000.
2. Neonatal sepsis caused
3. Chaired a session on Malaria IAMM Karnataka chapter conference on 12/6/2010 at SDM Medical College Dharwad.
1. Two case reports of injection Abscess due to unusual organism. State conf. BLDEA’s Shri B.M. Patil Medical College, Bijapur Jan-2006
2. A Prespective study of the catheter hub & skin site as the portal of entry for Microorganisms causing catheter – Related sepsis in neonates.
3.At IX National conference of Hospital Society of India Feb- 15 to 18 2007 Govt. Medical College hospital Chandigar
Dr Shyamala Shettar
“Oestrus ovis: A rare case of ocular myiasis”
Karnataka State Conference Bangalore Feb 2011.
Liver abscess by Salmonella typhimurium
Quarterly meet IAMM-Chennai- May 2011.
Karanata State conference Bangalore Feb 2011.
Study of clinical and laboratory profile of fever with thrombocytopenia. Karnataka state conference. Bangalore Feb 2012.
A rare case of Primary Cutaneous Zygomycosis caused by Rhizomucor Variabilis in an immunocompetent host. Karanata State conference Bangalore Feb. 2012.
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017