Ophthalmology is the branch of medicine that deals with the diseases and surgery of the visual pathways, including the eye, brain, and areas surrounding the eye, such as the lacrimal system and eyelids.
- The department handles all emergency cases and elective surgical procedures like sutureless cataract surgery, Endonasal DCR and laser treatment for diabetic retinopathy.
- Students are trained in history taking, methods of examination and OPD instruments. Eventually, the training requires them to observe and then make case presentations.
- Postgraduate students are taught extensively at the Advanced Learning Center (ALC), where they learn suturing on cadavers.
- A CD library has also been established for them to learn new, innovative surgical procedures.
- Several CMEs are conducted by the department in the field of Neuro-Ophthalmology, Oculoplasty, Immunology, Paediatric Ophthalmology, Orbit, etc.
- PG students are also posted to higher learning centers.
- The staff of Ophthalmology is actively involved in developing integrated ophthalmic care, catering to patients through various camps.
Total teaching staff – 11
Units – 2 (A & B)
D.O.M.S – 6 Per year
Undergraduate – 200 students
Diploma & certificate course
2) Eye Bank
3) Community Ophthalmology
Department has 1.seminar hall, 1 staff room,
Library, refraction room, minor O.T. 1 HOD room, and 5 cubicles, major O.T, male & Female ward with a total of 90 beds, septic wards.
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017