Research Publications during the last 2 years
1. Shashikiran BK, Ratageri VH, Madhu PK, Shepur TA. Pyomyositis in Unusual Site (Subscapularis and Infraspinatus Muscles). Indian J Pediatr. 2013. Epub 2013/07/25.
2. Panigatti P, Ratageri VH, Shivanand I, Madhu PK, Shepur TA. Profile and Outcome of Childhood Tuberculosis Treated with DOTS-An Observational Study. Indian J Pediatr. 2013. Epub 2013/07/31.
3. Ratageri VH, Ajay S, Shivanand I, Madhu PK, Shepur TA. Profile and Outcome of Acute Pediatric Poisoning. Karnataka Paediatric Journal. 2013;28(2&3):63-66.
4. Naidu R, Ajay S, Sindhu MV, Shashikiran KB, Shivanand I, Desai RH. Bartter Syndrome- Presenting as Severe Acute Malnutrition. Karnataka Paediatric Journal. 2013;28(2&3):63-66
5. Panigatti P1, Ratageri VH, Shivanand I, Madhu PK, Shepur TA. Profile and outcome of childhood tuberculosis treated with DOTS–an observational study. Indian J Pediatr. 2014 Jan;81(1):9-14. doi: 10.1007/s12098-013-1175-8. Epub 2013 Jul 28.
6. Shashikiran BK1, Ratageri VH, Madhu PK, Shepur TA. Pyomyositis in unusual site (subscapularis and infraspinatus muscles). Indian J Pediatr. 2014 Mar;81(3):319-20. doi: 10.1007/s12098-013-1156-y. Epub 2013 Jul 24.
7. Vinod H. Ratageri, P.K. Madhu, M.V. Sindhu, Shivanand Illalu, T.A. Shepur, Clinico-laboratory profile and outcome of rickettsia in children: Hubli (Karnataka) experience. Pediatric Infectious Disease Volume 6, Issue 1, Pages 3–6, January–March, 2014
8. Naidu RV, Desai RH, Dorle AM, Shivanand I. Red cell distribution width (RDW) in the diagnosis of iron deficiency anemia in children between 6 months to 2 years. Medica Innovatica, June 2014, Volume 3-issue 1
9. Desai RH, Shivanand I, Naidu RV, Ajay K. Spectrum of histopathological findings in childhood nephritic syndrome in tertiary care hospital. . Medica Innovatica, June 2014, Volume 3-issue 1
10. Dr. Prakash K Wari – Contribution to section 3 on respiratory infections in “Illustrated book on pediatric infections” published by Jaypee Brothers
11. Dr. Prakash K Wari – Contributing to a chapter on “Drowning in Children” to “Textbook on pulmonology for undergraduates and postgraduates”
Research Publications by Ratageri and many more
- Ratageri VH,Kabra SK,LodhaR,DwivediSN,and Seth V.Lung function tests in asthma:which indices are better for assessment of severity? J.of Tropical Pediatrics2001:47;57-59.
- Ratageri VH, Kabra SK, Dwivedi SN,and Seth V. Factors associated with severe asthma. Indian Pediatrics 2000:37;1072-1082
- Ratageri VH, Rajshankar S. Palatal haemangioma with cleft zero. Indian Pediatrics2002:39;693-694.
- Kabra SK, Jain Y, Singhal T and Ratageri VH. Dengue hemorrhagic fever: Clinical manifestations and management. Indian J Pediatrics1999:66;93-101.
- Kabra SK, Ratageri VH, Seth V. Long term management of asthma in children. Pediatrics Today1998:1;75-81.
- Kabra SK, Ratageri VH. Tuberculosis in children; monitering of treatment and management of side effects.Pediatrics Today1998:2;81-84.
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA. Empyema following kerosene poisoning. Indian Pediatr2005:42; 399.
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA, Patil GC, Patil MM. Crooked cry with Agenesis of Lung. The Indian Practitioner2005:58; 446-447.
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA, Wari PK et al. Clinical profile and outcome of Dengue cases. Indian J Pediatrics2005: 72; 708- 709.
- Ratageri VH, Rajshankar S. Virilising Adrenal Carcinoma in 4 year Female child. The Indian Practitioner2005:58; 508-510.
- Ratageri VH Shepur TA Patil MM. Scurvy in infantile tremor syndrome. Indian J Pediatrics 2005 : 72: 883-884
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA, Jayakumar. Jervell and Lange-Neilson Syndrome. The Indian Practitioner 2006:59;385-386.
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA, Pol RR. Foreign body-What is unusual?. Indian J Pediatrics 2006 : 73: 452-453.
- Ratageri VH, Rajshankar S. Crooked Cry and VATER association. The Antiseptic2006:103;554.
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA, Infantile Tremor Syndrome-New observations. Curr .Pedtr. Reasearch2006:1&2;9-11
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA,Kiran G.Vitreous haemmorrhage secondary to vitamin k deficiency bleeding. Indian J Pediatrics 2007 : 74: 356.
- Pol RR, Shepur TA, Ratageri VH. Clinico-laboratory profile of pediatric HIV in Karnataka. Indian J Pediatr. 2007;74(12):1071-5.
- Ratageri VH, Shepur TA. Four Limb phocomelia. Indian J Pediatr. 2008 75(2):170.
- Ray P,Ratageri VH, Kabra SK et al. Chikungunya infection in India:results of a prospective hospital based multicentric study. PLoS ONE 2012:7; e30025.
- Shepur TA et al, Kliepple feil syndrome with absence of ribs. Indian Practitioner 2007; 60, (8) 502.
- Shepur TA et al, Prevalance of Mycoplasma Pneumonia among HIV infected children. Indian J Pediatr. 2011: 78(4):430-434.
- Shepur TA et al, Molecular basis of beta thalassemia in Karnataka, India. Genetic testing and molecular biomarkers. Vol 00; Num 00; 2011; Online- Mary Ann Liebert, Inc.
- R V Naidu et al, Clinico- bacteriological investigation on dysentery in children -A hospital study. Indian J Micro. 1987. 127(1-4):43-50.
- R V Naidu et al, Fecal leucocytes in bacillary dysentery in children. J Health Sci. 1988: XIV: 34-37.
- R V Naidu et al, Transient neonatal diabetes mellitus – a case report. International Diabetes Digest, 1993:Vol 14; No 2; 40-42.
- Raichur DV, Aralihond AP, Kasturi AV, Patil DH. Capillary Refil Time in Term Neonates: Bedside Assessment. Indian J Pediatr 2001; 68:
- Raichur DV, Magar VN, Wari PK, Chandragouda DK. Hemiplegia and Motor Aphasia following Scorpion Sting. Indian J Pediatr 2001; 68:
- Raichur DV. Radial Artery Cannulation in Neonates: A New Method. Indian J Pediatr 2000; 67:843-844.
- Raichur DV, Deshpande RV, Chandragouda DK, Savitha D. Attire and Appearance of Pediatrician: Parents’/Guardians’ Opinion. Indian J Pediatr 2001; 68: 413-416.
- Raichur DV, Wari PK, Kasturi AV, Savitha D. Peripheral Vessel Exchange Transfusion. Indian Pediatr 1999; 36: 914-917.
- Raichur DV, Deshpande RV, Chandragouda DK. Tuberculous Meningitis Associated with Diabetic Ketoacidosis. Indian Pediatr 1999; 36:1183-1184.
- Rajiv PK, Raichur DV. Air Embolism in Assisted Ventilation. Indian Pediatr 1998; 35: 167-169.
- Ranade SR, Amanapure PA, Raichur DV, Patil PG. Cystic Kidneys in Tuberous Sclerosis. Indian Pediatr 1993; 30: 921-924.
Raichur DV, Section editor, Pulmonology section, IAP Colour Atlas of Pediatrics Contributions by Shepur TA and Ratageri VH.
Plans for research during the next 2 years
1. A seamless, sequential Phase III, multicenter, randomized, single-blindstudy to evaluate the immunogenicity, reactogenicityand safety of ROTAVAC 5C new formulations of the live attenuated rotavirus vaccine as a 3 dose series when compared with existing ROTAVAC® in healthy infants.
2. A Phase IV, Open labelled study to evaluate the non- interference in immune response of one dose of inactivated Japanese encephalitis vaccine (JENVAC®) administered to children at ≥9 to ≤10 months, to measles vaccine given concomitantly.
Details of CME programmes, Conferences and/or any academic activities conducted in the last 2 years
assaociationwith IAP, Dharwad Dist A CME in Pediatric Neurology by Dr. Lokesh Lingappa, MD, DM, MRCPCH, Fellow in Pediatric Neurology (U.K), Consultant Pediatric Neurologist, Rainbow Hospitals, Hyderabad was held on 22/02/2014, Saturday at The Gateway Hotel, HUBLI on the following topics
- Management of difficult to control seizure
- Headaches in children – commonly asked questions.
- Pediatric Dermatology CME was conducted successfully on 23.03.14 at Denissons Hotel, Hubli by Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Dharwad District in association with Department of Pediatrics and Department of Dermatology, KIMS, Hubli. Following speakers gave lecture on different topics
Dr. Vinod Ratageri, Associate Professor of Pediatrics, KIMS, Hubli
- Basic Pediatric Intensive Care Course (BPICC) was conducted successfully at Golden
JubilleHall, KIMS, Hubli on 26th and 27th of April 2014. A total of 50 restricted members benefitted from the course. The following Eminent speakers from different parts of India conducted the workshop
- Dr Praveen Khilnani (Delhi)
- Dr Samith Alva ( Mangalore)
Dr.Arun Barunwal (Patna)
- Dr Agnisekhar Saha (Kolkotta)
- Dr Bichitrobhanu Sarkar (
- Dr Jesal Sheth(Mumbai)
- Dr Girish HC(Bengaluru)
- Dr Meera Ramakrishnan(Bengaluru)
- Dr. Devaraj Raichur (Hubli)
a. Dr. Prakash Kabbur, Consultant Neonatologist, Honalalu, HI, US
b. Dr. Pradeep GCM, Consultant Neonatologist, MSRIH, Bangalore
c. Dr. S. M. Dhaded, Consultant Neonatologist, JNMC, Belgaum
d. Dr. S. R. Fattepur, Asst Prof of Pediatrics, Consultant Neonatologist, Hubli
e. Dr. Ambesh Prasad, Consultant Neonatologist, Hubli
70 delegates attended the CME. Delegates well appreciated the CME.
5. A NATIONAL CME ON PEDIATRIC PULMONOLOGY AND DISASTER MANAGEMENT was conducted on 12thand 13th
6. Departement of Pediatrics, Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences celebrated “ORS day” on 30th
7. The Indian Academy of Pediatrics, Dharwad District Branch in association with Department of Pediatrics, KIMS, Hubli
8. A Symposium on
Dr.Vijayalaxmi Kulgod from Belgaum Dr.Devaraj Raichur from Hubli Dr.Vinod Ratageri from Hubli Dr.S. R. Fattepur from Hubli Dr.Madhu P. K. from Hubli Dr.Sanjeev from Davangere Dr.Abhilasha from Belgaum
10. IAP Undergraduate quiz of
11. IAP Postgraduate quiz of
12. PEDIBLOOM and 3rd
A unique programme for Postgraduates
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017