• Department of Psychiatry of Karnataka Institute of medical sciences, Hubli, established in 1-12-2006.
• Psychiatry department moved to the newly designed 40 bedded Psychiatry ward February 2007. This new ward has excellent facilities for patient care like isolation beds, separate male/female/pediatric beds.
• Modified ECT, Psychological testing, EEG, Activity / Recreation Therapy, Counseling, Psychotherapy & Behavior – Biofeedback Therapy are available in the department. The faculty includes qualified and experienced Psychiatrists, Clinical Psychologists, and Psychiatric Social Worker & Counselor.
• The department is active
• Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching is going on in the department. Medical Council of India recognizes four Post Graduate course “M.D in Psychiatry” every year
• Apart from providing mental health care facilities, Department is working towards improvement in mental health awareness and educating public about mental illness. Manpower training in mental health has been given priority with inputs at undergraduate and postgraduate level and department is working towards de-stigmatizing psychiatry and mental illness among health care providers.
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017