Department of Physiology started in the Year 1957 in a rented building under the leadership of Dr. J.S. Saxena. The Department is housed on the second floor of the College Building in the right wing. The total area is 17,528 Square feet.
Post Graduate students training program M.D. was introduced in the year 1960 with MCI recognition.
The preclinical department of Physiology studies the ever-changing ways in which the human body functions. Along with Anatomy and Biochemistry, it forms the foundation of basic medical sciences.
principlelevel of focus on physiology is that of organs and systems.
- Students are taught about the molecular and cellular aspects of the human body.
- The course also acquaints students with how the body works on a day-to-day basis as well as what causes disease.
- Students and residents have access to a
haematologylab, amphibian lab, mammalian lab and a clinical lab.
- Additionally, there is a lab in neurophysiology, which is used mainly for research. An autonomic function lab also enables diagnostic patient care.
- The department also has complete access to the cardiology lab at the Hospital.
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017