Skin & STD – Education
DERMATOLOGY AND SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES
Course Description [As specified by Medical Council of India]
GOAL: The aim of teaching the undergraduate student in
OBJECTIVES: Knowledge At the end of the course of Dermatology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Leprosy, the student shall be able to :
1. Demonstrate sound knowledge of common diseases their clinical manifestations including emergent situations and of investigative procedures to confirm their diagnosis.
2. Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge of various modes of topical therapy.
3. Describe the mode of action of commonly used drugs their doses side
4. Describe commonly used modes of management including the medical and surgical procedures available for treatment of various diseases and to offer a comprehensive plan of management of a given disorder.
5. Diagnose and manage emergencies
SKILLS: The student shall be able to:
Interview the patient collect relevant correct information and describe the history in the chronological order.Conduct clinical examination, collect and interpret physical findings and diagnose common disorders and emergencies.Perform simple routine investigative and laboratory procedures required for making bedside diagnosis, especially for STD
COURSE CONTENTS: Diseases caused by Nutritional and Environmental Factors.Infective Disorders Pyodermas, Common Fungal.Melanocyte Pigment Metabolism and other Disorders of Pigmentation.
i. Vitiligo diagnosis.ii.
SKILLS: Perform skin scrapings and do a KOH preparation for fungal infections.
Prepare slit skin and nasal smear for lepra bacilli.
TEACHING HOURS: Theory 20 hours, Clinical
The aim of teaching the undergraduate student in Dermatology, Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STD) and Leprosy is to impart such knowledge and skills that may enable him to diagnose the treat common ailment and to refer rare diseases or complications / unusual manifestations of common
- About Alumni
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017