This department is well established with Undergraduate and Postgraduate teaching facilities. Every year one postgraduate degree student (MD) and two Postgraduate diploma students (DVD) are admitted. Clinical case demonstrations are done at outpatients department and also in the wards. The students are taught regarding examinations, investigation, and management of patients. In the department skin Diseases, sexually transmitted diseases, leprosy and Skin Lesions of systemic diseases are examined, investigated and treated. In addition to routine investigations, special investigations like KOH
HISTORY OF DEPARTMENT:
The department of Skin & STD was established in 1957, the following have headed the department since 1957.
Dr.K.N.Krishnamurthy, Dr. K. M.Ramarao, Dr.D.P.Jayaram, Dr.H.D.Govindaiah, Dr.A.S.Ramchandra, Dr. B. D. Makkannavar, Dr.R.Shivkumar, Dr. N .C.Hiremath
Dr. K. Hanumanthayya
Dr. Raghavendra Tophakhane is present H.O.D.
- Postgraduate Diploma Courses (DVD) Started in 1964 -65.
- Post Graduate Degree Course (MD) Started in 1991.
- Indian Association of Dermatologist, Venerologist, and Leprologist (IADVL) – State branch conference was held in 1991.
- Postgraduate courses have been recognized by MCI from 1991.
- IADVL – state branch Conference held in May 1991
- DERMA HUB KT branch conference held in May 2002.
- State level CME on Acne and its management was held in March 2010.
- Workshop on Fillers and Botox in September 2010 by Dr. Mitaxari.
Dermatology was initially a branch of medicine. Now with recent advances researches equipment coming up for dermatology, it has new branches like Cosmetology, Dermatology, Paediatric Dermatology. HIV/AIDS have become a matter of national and international concern.
We are working towards the eradication of Leprosy.
Surgical Treatment – Electrocautery, Chemical Cautery, Chemical Peels
Scar Revision Surgery
The present KARNATAKA INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL SCIENCES, HUBBALLI,( K.I.M.S. HUBBALLI.) was earlier known as the KARNATAKA MEDICAL COLLEGE, HUBBALLI. It was established in AUGUST 1957.For initial few years, the college was functioning from a building which is now known as J.G.Commerce College. Later, it was shifted to the present beautiful campus comprising of 100 acres of land, situated on Pune – Bangalore National Highway, Vidyanagar, Hubballi.
Karnataka Institute of Medical Sciences, P. B Road, Vidyanagar Hubballi - 580 022,
+91- 836- 2370057,
+91- 836 - 2373447,
+91 - 836 - 2373641
© KIMS HUBLI 2017